Let’s get ready to SAVE!!!
I have finished my 2019 saving money rules for our family. Each week until the end of December I will share my rules. If you want to join me that would be awesome!
January is my UBER FRUGAL MONTH. No spending except bills, groceries ($120 a week), gas for hubby to go to work and a possible trip to my parents for a visit. Oh and also prescription medication. No going to stores and I plan to stay off Amazon, Ebay, Etc…. If there is an emergency item that is needed we will of course purchase it. Hopefully that doesn’t happen. I plan on working hard on surveys to stock up on gift card cash ins. I will not spend them during January.
This weeks category to save money is: GROCERIES
Here is my plan:
- Menu Plan, Menu Plan, Menu Plan !! Big Money Saver
- Don’t waiver from the List. Check flyers and if you want to stock up on an item make sure it will fit into your budget.
- Never Shop Hungry
- Plan Simple, Healthy Meals. I hope to share some of ours in January.
- Shop Alone, if possible.
- Shop at Aldi. I save so much at this store.
- Stay within your budget. If you spend less and you want to use the difference to stock up on a particular item that’s ok.
- If I see an item at another grocery cheaper than at Aldi I will go get it and make it a stock up item.
- Eat in season fruits and veggies. They are cheaper and fresher.
- Eat less meat. Meatless meals or smaller portions.
- Make Homemade Bread. Cheaper and you know what the ingredients are.
- Freeze Leftovers if your not going to eat them the next day.
- Use block cheese and shred yourself. Also make your own cheese sticks and cubes with it.
- Drink Coffee, Tea and water. Aldi has a great deal on Milk, but we don’t drink it.
- Cook as much as possible from scratch. I will share recipes later on.
Here are my rules for this category. If you have any I haven’t listed please share. Next Wednesday I will share about how we will save on Utilities and Household Cleaners.
Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day and God Bless.